Welcome to church!!
Sorry this category hasn’t been populated in a little while, doesn’t mean I haven’t been going to church. Ok I’ll be honest and say I have missed a few services in the last few weeks, but we’re back on track now!
Message for this week is titled: unveiling the mystery of sanctification and it was sometime in October 2012. Bible and notepad out yet?
He started by saying that the priority of God for everyone is sanctification. I Thessalonians 4:3-4 ”It is God’s will that you should be sanctified: that you should avoid sexual immorality; that each of you should learn to control your own body in a way that is holy and honorable,”
2 Timothy 2:19-21. If we are of God, we should be like Him in all things, including holiness. How else are we to walk/work with Him? Amos 3:3 says “Do two walk together unless they have agreed to do so?”
Note that the righteousness we get by salvation can only be maintained by sanctification. Isaiah 59:1 Zechariah 3:3
Holiness is an observable trait, not a hidden secret; people should be able to see your righteousness in the way you speak and act. 2 Timothy 2:10
2 Thessalonians 3:3-7 There is a war waged against our righteousness day in, day out; that war is waged against our destiny.
In Luke 22:3, we see that “Then Satan entered Judas, called Iscariot, one of the Twelve” and are reminded of the need to always remain too hot for the devil and his cronies to ‘settle on’. The same way flies never settle on steaming food, we should remain too hot for every appearance of evil!
Instruments The Enemy Uses to ‘Paralyze’ Our Lives
- The spirit of this world. 1 John 2:15-17 “Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, love for the Father is not in them. For everything in the world—the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life—comes not from the Father but from the world. The world and its desires pass away, but whoever does the will of God lives forever.”
- The lust of the flesh; the lust of the eyes
- The pride of life. Please read Proverbs 6:16 and 2 Chronicles 6:19. James 4:6 says “But he gives us more grace. That is why Scripture says: God opposes the proud but shows favor to the humble.”
What Has God Given Us To Overcome All Three?
1. The spirit of love. Romans 8:37. In order for us to please God our love for Him must never be in doubt. Romans 5:5
The commandments of God are only grievous to those who don’t love Him, and Philippians 2:13 posits that this deep love only comes via an encounter with the Holy Spirit. Next time you get an instruction from God and you feel yourself murmuring or complaining, ask yourself if your love for God is still ‘on point’.
2. Keeping right company. 1 Corinthians 15:33 says “Do not be misled: “Bad company corrupts good character.” The easiest way to miss it is to follow someone not headed in your direction.
How Do I Engage With This Spirit of God?
- Have a hunger and a thirst for pleasing God. Isaiah 55:1-2
- Engage your faith. Matthew 11:12
The major reward/result of sanctification is favor. Do you want to enjoy God’s favor? Please Him, by being like Him!
Have a super productive week!
- The Cost of Sanctification (bachelors16achievers.wordpress.com)
- The Cost of Sanctification (lacykitkat.wordpress.com)
- Righteousness Of God Revealed For Our Sanctification, Evans Olang (magnifyhisword.wordpress.com)
- A Prophetic Word for 2013: Make a Decision and Commitment for Christ. (greatriversofhope.wordpress.com)
- How we Change by changing diapers (theologyaspoetry.wordpress.com)
- God’s will for our lives: Sanctification (weewaapc.wordpress.com)
- SPIRITUAL IMMUNE SYSTEM – Feb. 8 (boyslumber.wordpress.com)