I’m sure you might be wondering about the new attitude to the chronicles on this blog; I know, I feel like I’m doing great too! Basically, I think it’s because I’ve got some free time now, and I’m also trying to satisfy you so much that when I get to Nigeria and get too busy (not like I can ever get too busy for you), you’ll remember these happy periods!
Ok, today’s post is from a sermon by my Papa in Abuja, Bishop David Abioye! I actually was in church when he preached this message sometime in late 2009 but when I asked my darling sister to send me Mp3’s with messages, one of them had this sermon! I listened to it on one of ‘those days’, and below I have reproduced my notes,. Be blessed as you read! Err, and I hope you went to church today!
*All scriptures are taken from King James Version of the Bible*
OVERCOMING SIN BY THE BLOOD
Sin is worldliness, and worldliness is made up of these three:
- the lust of the flesh – Galatians 5:19-21
- the lust of the eyes
- the pride of life – 2 Tim 3:1-5
- I must resist sin with the same intensity I resist sickness, poverty, and unpleasant circumstances. How do you resist sin? By engaging the power of your will!
- The Speaking Blood – when I am confronted by evil thoughts, desires ideas, I can plead the Blood. Hebrews 12:24 “And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than [that of] Abel.”
- The Sprinkling Blood – I can sprinkle the blood and purge my conscience. Hebrews 9:12 – 14 “Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption [for us]//For if the blood of bulls and of goats, and the ashes of an heifer sprinkling the unclean, sanctifieth to the purifying of the flesh://How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?”
- The Drinking Blood (the communion) – partaking of the flesh and blood of Jesus not only ensures that the life of Jesus is continually infused into mine, wiping anything in me that doesn’t please Him. John 6:53 “Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.”
- The Blood of Jesus is my ticket of redemption. Colossians 3:13-14. Revelations 5:9. Ephesians 1:7-9
- The Blood cleanses. 1John 1:7
- The Blood purges (from stubborn characters, besetting sins, etc). James 4:6, 1Peter 5:8
P:S – I didn’t write out all the scriptures because I didn’t want the post to get too long, and also because I hoped you’d reach for your Bible to do some reading for yourself!
- What are the significances of the shed blood of Jesus christ (wiki.answers.com)
- CLICK A BLESSING TODAY – His blood for you and me (ptl2010.wordpress.com)
- Dead to Sin (vineoflife.net)
- The Incarnation of the Word of Life (jesusmyjoy.wordpress.com)
- Thoughts on a Six-Year Old Sermon (deprofundisclamaviadtedomine.wordpress.com)
- Thank You For The Blood Of Jesus Christ! November, 2012 (thebloodofjesus.wordpress.com)
- Why was Jesus Born? (kswpgoodfriends.wordpress.com)