To start with, I must apologise for neglecting this category on the blog for this long; it wasn’t intentional, and the truth is no excuse suffices. Imagine if the Lord ‘unintentionally’ forgot to wake us up everyday? Or if He ‘unintentionally’ neglected us, even for a few seconds? The devil would have us either on a stick (a la kebab), or as minced meat! Take a minute, and thank the Lord for His unfailing mercies, even when we are unfaithful.
I was in church this past Sunday, taught the youth Sunday School class (for the first time) on Psalms, Hymns, and Spiritual Songs, and I thank God for his grace… I think I did well, and the message was delivered. By the way, if you live in Perry Barr and you’re not worshipping with RCCG Covenant Restoration Assembly Perry Barr, I don’t think you are home yet!
The church auditorium is located at 1st Floor Unit 3, 1 Holford Drive, Off Aldridge Road, Perry Barr, Birmingham. Post Code is B42 2TU. Buses 33, 56, 56A, X56, 907, 935, 935A, 937, 997, and 997A will bring you to Tasty Pizza (and the church is right behind it), or you can holla and the church bus can pick you up!
The pastor started by saying that sometimes when we pray, God ignores our prayers because we ask for things lower than we deserve, which He has lined up for us. He used the man at the Gate Beautiful (Acts 4) who asked Peter and John for alms but instead received strength to his limbs. Then he prayed that God give us blessings bigger than what we have ever imagined. Amen o!
John 14:17-18 says, ” Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you. 18I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.”
The Purpose of The Holy Spirit.
1. Divine partnership – any believer living without the Holy Spirit is living as an orphan; they will struggle to do things that The Holy Spirit would normally have done for them. John 9: 1-3.
The Work of The Holy Spirit
1. The Holy Spirit validates the message of the gospel, showing that what has been preached is of God. Mark 16:20
2. The Holy Spirit is there to expose satan and his works. John 16:7-11, Acts 16:16-18
3. The Holy Spirit transforms our lives. 1Samuel 10:6-7
John 16:13 says “Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come”
4. The Holy Spirit helps our infirmities. Romans 8:26
Who Needs The Holy Spirit?
* Everyone. Acts 2:38-39. It is not the exclusive preserve of ministers alone, but something every son and daughter of God must have.
What To Do?
1. If you’re not in Christ, you are in trouble! If christians not baptized in The Holy Spirit have to struggle, how much more the person who doesn’t even have Christ in the first instance?
2. Hunger, thirst, and yearn for The Holy Spirit if you have not yet been baptized. says “In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink.”
3. If you are baptized in the Holy Spirit (with the evidence of speaking in tongues), don’t get relaxed, or feel you have arrived. There are various measures/levels of operating in The Spirit, so constantly ask yourself, ‘where am I’?
Acts 2:39 – “For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the LORD our God shall call.”
Have a super week!!!
P:S – Just in case you need a map to find the church…..