You know how this idea for the #31days31writers project started? To start with I know YNaija’s done something like that in 2012, I think I wrote for that sef. I did! It was an article on babes beefing each other for no reason, and you won’t believe the gender that bashed me the most on that piece? Lol!
For this one though, I saw someone tweet in November (I swear I don’t remember their handle and I’m on a Twitter fast so I can’t go look) but he was talking about it and I thought, this might be cool for the end of the year. I didn’t act on it though till the 26th of November, and then I gave all my writers till the 28th to hand in their pieces. With benefit of hindsight, it must have a freaked a number of them out!
Anyway, so I must have asked 40 people, and out of those I got 30. And I am more than grateful that they took the time to squeeze their 2013 into 600 words, and send in the lovely pictures they did. From castration for sex offenders, to faith in the Lord, rebuilt confidence, loyalty from friends, second chances, to resolutions for the new year, homosexuality and homophobia, 2013 was different for every one of my writers, and I am so proud of them!!
Did you miss any of the articles? Well, you’re welcome, I’ve listed all of them below!
- DAY 1: The first in the ‘a post a day’ series – Chude Jideonwo
- “I learned that I matter” – Francine! #31days31writers
- “I have learnt pain is a part of the process” – Emeka #31days31writers
- “I use writing as a tool to make a difference” – Chijioke #31days31writers
- “No more Mr Nice Guy” – Mr Mobility! #31days 31 writers
- “I’m thankful for stability” – Saratu #31days 31writers
- “I would shut up and let her do her mothering” – Vickie Remoe #31days31writers
- “The internet lives” – Pa Ikhide starts the second week of my #31days31writers project!
- “I am gradually learning to love the silence” – Dosh Mabonga! #31days31writers
- “I have learnt that dreams can actually come true” – Bisi Alimi #31days31writers
- “I learnt to let go and forgive” – Onaedo!! #31days31writers
- “I have learnt that light always comes at dawn” – Alkayy!! #31days31writers
- “Who says black men shouldn’t cry?” – My girl Francesca Uriri! #31days31writers
- “Our human species have truly trashed the planet” – Jeremy!! #31Days31Writers
- “2013: Of numbers, expectations and unspoken promises” – Dami #31Days31Writers
- “I won the lottery!!” – Tolu #31days31writers
- “I’ve learnt to let go and let God” – the delectable Nike Coker! #31Days31Writers
- “People change and so do you” – Ewoma gives us home truths! #31days31writers
- “Castration as an act of mercy” – My girl Zima goes hard! #31days31writers
- “I learnt a lot about public engagement as a public servant” – Ohimai!! #31Days31Writers
- “I live and breathe food” – Nky Iweka #31days31writers
- “I have so much to be grateful for!” – Mac-Jordan #31Days31Writers
- “I’m glad that I followed my intuition and took risks” – Chris!! #31Days31Writers
- “This year taught me to represent” – Eziaha (The Fab Sister) is up today! #31days31writers
- “Loyalty makes a friend family” – Nonso’s up for our Christmas special! #31days31writers
- “I have come to love and accept myself” – my bestie is up! #31days31writers
- “I don’t even remember my resolutions for 2013″ – Andy Madaki on #31days31writers
- “I have learnt that homosexuality exists in 450 species” – Okechukwu is a shining star on #31days31writers today!
- “I understood faith as a lifestyle this year” – Lizzie
- “Your friend is your need answered” – a surprise appearance on the #31days31writers project!
- “Thank you for being part of my 2013″ – Guess who? Me!!!
Thank you guys for honoring me and my blog. Best wishes for the new year!
Love, light, and God’s many blessings!