In December 2013 I did something called #31Days31Writers, and the whole idea was for people to tell one thing they were grateful for, one thing they’d learned, and one thing they would change if they could relive 2013 all over again.
The responses were as diverse as they were gorgeous! I loved reading every one of them, editing, and then experiencing the emotions that run through each piece. Awesome time!
I did a mid-year edition in July last year, and have wished I had time to run another edition since then! Now I’m ready! Whoop!
Who can join in? Anyone! Be sure to read up a number of the entries from 2013 before you send in yours, so you have a proper idea of what it should read like.
What do I need you to write about? 600 words (I’ll accept a little above or below – not greater than 100 words each way) stating
- Name, nationality/nationalities, place of residence (not address, just area), what you do.
- One thing you’re grateful for
- One thing you’ve learned this year
- One thing you would undo if you could (don’t want to tag them as regrets).
- Then send in a photo of yourself! Last year a friend sent in a photo of his feet, lol. We’d much prefer your face thank you!
That’s it! There are 31 days in December, and I have 15 slots to give away; I always select 15 people I feel I want everyone to hear from (taking nationality, location, profession et al into cognisance, and then there’s the one slot I keep for myself. Here’s what I wrote about in 2013.
As always, it’s a first come, first serve basis, I’ve never said no to an article whether I know the person or not, long as you get yours in before the slots are all taken up. Interested? Send your entry to email@example.com
So excited! Can’t wait to start reading all of them! Whoop!