Ok, let’s start from the fact that I don’t know the exact day Akin Akintayo (@Forakin) started blogging, and he featured me on his blog on the 1st of this year; I just know his 10th anniversary month was December, so I’m starting this month with that post!
He did such a gracious introduction for me on his blog that day, I blushed till I turned purple. Lol. The original link is here.
By the way, happy eleventh blogging anniversary Akin!
Here’s what I handed in, titled ’10 things I’ve learned in 10 years’.
10 years of blogging? Wow. Means Akin started blogging when I was…never mind. I’m in my 5th year, and totally looking forward to my 10th – wonder how it feels, to have stuck with this for a whole decade.
When Akin asked me to write for his 10th anniversary as a blogger, I was excited for him, honored to have been considered, and then I became stumped because I couldn’t agree within myself on a topic. Somehow I started thinking about stuff I’ve been up to, and voila! What you have below.
Everyday in the last 10 years I have groomed myself, eaten a meal or two (or three or four or none – depending on the diet or religious circumstance). Everyday for all of those years I have had a nap during the day or at night, or not at all, dependent on the severity of the insomnia.
Everyday I have tried to improve myself a little bit, reading a paper or book, watching a talk/sermon/presentation; I have met and exchanged experiences with people, in the quest to sharpen iron with iron. Never mind that while some people rubbed me till I was splitting hairs, others were soaked planks of old wood each day I tried.
In the last 10 years I have loved. Not really 10 years though, 9 is a bit closer to the truth (shame on you if you feel you are a step closer to uncovering my age). I have loved and been loved, burned, and been burned, even scarred in one instance.
In the last 10 years I have owned three dogs: German Shepherd – Sir B, Italian Shepherd – Izzie, and Alsatian – Waffles. Losing all three of them at different times has made me appreciate animals, and convinced me that I won’t get another pet until I’m 100% convinced I won’t have to entrust their care to the hands of another.
In the last ten years I have learned ten things I want to share
- Procrastination is the thief of time. And friendships, and ultimately, success.
- If you work at something hard enough, you will either succeed or you’ll satisfy yourself that there is nothing there for you.
- Half justice is just as bad as injustice. Maybe even worse. Same thing as one half of any story.
- You are addressed the way you dress. And paid as you price yourself.
- 10 friends will not play together for 10 years.
- I love cooking, reading, sleeping. There are 10 other things before watching TV.
- Garbage in, garbage out applies to everything, including your body, your work, relationship, etc.
- Music is underrated. It is spiritual, magical; sometimes it works as a panacea.
- It’s ok to be selfish. Do stuff for yourself every now and then.
- You are your biggest fan, except you have my mom, and then she’s your biggest fan!
I’m thankful I know you Akin; you’re a perfect gentleman. And I hope that I’m on your blog again when you hit twenty; simply means you can’t ever stop writing! Congratulations dear, well done!
The Fairy GodSister.