So it’s my Pastor’s birthday today, whoop! Pastor Sunday Ogidigbo is the golden age of 39, and he decided to share with us 39 principles he’s learned through 20 years of following Jesus, 19 years of preaching the word, and 5 years of pastoring full-time.
Ready for it? You better be!
39 things that equal wisdom for daily living.
1. Be planted in the word of God; listen to it, apply it, abide by and be guided by the word. Let His word lighten your path and guide your steps.
2. Be prayerful, not because you feel like it but because you ought to. Pray in the spirit, in your understanding, in season and out of season.
3. Be addicted to fellowship. As long as the iron is in the fire the fire will be in the iron. When you stay connected to God in the place of fellowship you remain on fire for Him. Executive Christianity will profit you nothing.
4. Fast often. It must be part of your lifestyle, at least once a week. Fasting is a spiritual catalyst.
5. Join a service unit, be useful in the house of God.
6. Join a smaller fellowship unit in the church.
7. Read books. Develop the gift and passions inside you.
8. Surround yourself with Godly friends. Any friend who isn’t helping you grow is destroying you; if you’re not changing them they’re changing you.
9. Have faith in God. Flood your heart with materials that will build your faith.
10. Read biographies whether they be men of God, politicians, sportsmen, social activists.
11. Be a giver… Giving is the proof that you’ve conquered greed. Give as you have, to God to your parents, to the needy, and with the right attitude.
12. Find a mentor. In the multitude of counsel there is wisdom; follow people who are headed in the same direction you want to go. Be accountable to them, submit to them.
13. Be holy. Holiness is the quality that validates our ‘sonship’.
14. Be a soul winner. Be a public Christian. If you are ashamed of Him He will be ashamed of you.
15. Be generous. The liberal soul will be made fat.
16. Be a person of integrity and honour. Be true to God, to men, and to yourself. Don’t make promises you won’t keep. Let your words be bankable.
17. Honour all men. Treat elders like your parents, accord them the respect they are due. Fear God, honour the King, love the brotherhood.*Don’t ever conclude on a Christian, you don’t know what God has in store for them.
18. Be contented. Learn to enjoy the things that you have.
19. Be supernatural. Don’t operate based on the things you hear, see, read.
20. Be humble. Humility engraces and enthrones. God gives supernatural support to the humble.
21. Work hard, work smart. Work to learn before you work to earn.
22. Learn to understand people. Be tactful, political, and diplomatic.
23. Be hospitable, allow people to eat your food and drink. Accommodate strangers.
24. Dream big. Visions are free, get yours. Money is too small to be a dream.
25. Be purposeful
26. Live your life on information and revelation.
27. Meditate on the word. Meditation is to your spirit what digestion is to the body.
28. Attitude is everything. The only disability in life is a bad attitude.
29. Love is the greatest. Love will always guarantee victory regardless of what life throws at you.
30. Be friendly. Try. Celebrate the successes of others. People never forget how you make them feel.
31. Be simple. Simple is hard but powerful and effective. Be brief.
32. If you have nothing to say, keep quiet. Train your mind so your mouth talks wisdom. A foolish man who talks less will be seen as wise.
33. Fear God. A fool says in his heart that there’s no God.
34. Don’t live on impulse. Let principles guide your life so it has a sense of direction.
35. Be gentle. Blue flames burn hotter, empty barrels make the most noise.
36. Self control.
37. Control your appetite, especially for food, sex, and sleep. A man who cannot control these three cannot be a vessel into God to be used by him.
38. Family is important. After God comes your spouse and children.
39. Hold no grudge, begrudge no man.
Happy birthday pastor Sunday! Thank you for yielding yourself to God and HIs great work, and for constantly dividing the word of truth with such simplicity. God bless you today and everyday!